Thursday, July 14, 2011

Mikey at Camp: Part VI: Still good!

I slept the whole night - and no calls from camp. Wow. This is great.

I'm going to call up there today and ask them to go over the schedule with Mikey, and remind him that tomorrow is the day to go home. I'm also going to ask if I'm supposed to be there for the activity labeled, "Pack Up."

I am a tad apprehensive about tomorrow, because of the timing. The outbound flights that were available were at 1 pm and 4:20 pm, so I picked 4:20 pm. This will certainly allow us all the time we need to return the rental car, get lunch, etc.; however, it means we'll be flying late in the day. After some long, and not-very-much-fun, stuff. So today, I'll spend a little time putting together a suggested "story" and email it to camp, after I talk to them.

I'm also headed to Walmart today, to pick up some snacks and maybe find something "interesting" to occupy Mikey - maybe a new video or something like that. Also, I have a nose bleed and am going to pick up some Afrin and extra sudafed.

Wish us luck!

Addendum @ 9:13 a.m. - Spoke with Amy - Mikey has been sleeping just fine and is doing well...
Addendum @ 11:46 a.m. - Went to the nearest "full" shopping area (22 miles away) and got for the return trip: snacks, a DVD, some Things I Hope Will Engage Mikey. Will concentrate on packing up today - have to organize it all now for what gets checked and what goes on-board. 

No comments: