Monday, July 11, 2011

Mikey at Camp: Part II - 12:14 a.m.

Three buzzes ... I jump out of bed and grab the phone. It's 12:14 a.m. There is NOTHING on the phone - no text, no missed call, no VM. I must've dreamed it ... it's happened before, when travelling for work. I'll "dream" the alarm went off and jump up and ... it's the middle of the night ...  I checked the alarm clock, too - nope; not set and not turned on.

Mikey must have made it through the night, perhaps better than I did. I had trouble getting to sleep; trouble falling asleep; and trouble staying asleep. I woke up at 5:43 a.m. today. (Hopefully, for Spenser's sake, Mikey stayed in bed a bit longer.) I had a bit of a headache last night - my guess is another one will return today from lack of sleep. I am going to email the camp director and request an update on Mikey and how he did. And drink lots of water, after my coffee.

As for myself, I am going to explore Historic Georgetown Colorado on foot later today. (I have a little bit of work to do on the computer this morning.)I'm staying at the edge of town, on 11th street, and town goes to (maybe) 1st street. I drove through yesterday, and it's filled with parks, small museums, gorgeous architecture, restaurants of all kind, antique stores and tchotchke shops.(Cell phone in hand, of course.) It's close enough to get back here quickly and the camp is 4 miles up the road. [Don't worry, Hubby, I don't have room to bring much of anything back.]

I had a terrific dinner, modestly priced, at an establishment known as the Euro Grill - for food think, German/Czech/Polish. I had Hungarian Goulash. They have duck on the menu. And red cabbage. Yum.

No comments: