Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mikey at Camp: Part V - Two More Nights to Go!

Well, it's Wednesday. Mikey has been at camp since Sunday evening.

There was really loud thunder and lightening yesterday evening - but most of the late afternoon was dry after the earlier rain. I hope Mikey was able to go back outside.

I've written out a 2 page "checklist" of the steps to get home, and am hoping I can get it printed somewhere. If not, I'll write it out. It ends with a picture of "Mama's House" from Google Maps.

I did wake up once - but not from dreaming about a call. Hot flash. Went right back to sleep after.

There is a train and mine tour close by - If it's still quiet by mid-morning, I may go take it ....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I called camp again this morning. Mikey is doing "Just Fine." I know he's swimming - with other kids - and I think he's ziplining as well. Not sure about the horses. I sure hope he wants to go home at the end of the week, and doesn't ask for camp again next week!

Well, I did go take the train. This is silver mining country. The train starts at 8600 feet and goes over a several-hundred-feet-high bridge, and gets you up to 9000+ feet to the other station. On the way back, I stopped for the mine tour - they actually take you back into the mine several hundred feet. The worst of it was getting back up to the train depot. A slightly steep, not too long hill - by my usual elevation is a couple of hundred feet ...

On the way back, I stopped at the tea room and had tea. Yummy meat pie with the flakiest crust I've ever seen; some deviled eggs; a scone with lemon curd and cream; and a cookie. And the best tea - I did buy some to bring home.

So Grandma got some really nice "me" time today, and I wasn't at all anxious. Tomorrow, the Hotel de Paris, built by a French chef (among other talents), and now a museum, is celebrating Bastille Day between 4-6 p.m. If all continues to go well, that's where I'll be.

And all quiet on the camp front! It's almost 5 p.m. Dark clouds are starting to roll in, but it's been pleasant and sunny, with high fluffy clouds, all day.

I can print the new checklist on the computer here at the hotel, for a quarter a page.

Everyone keep praying and/or crossing body parts - we're doing well here.

No comments: