Friday, February 25, 2011

David

MATH
David sent me an email regarding a quiz I gave him (through ALEKS). He advised me, "I got ___%, which is x / y right. In fractional terms, x/y [fraction simplified]." [I left out the actual numbers on purpose.]

David has always found tests difficult; especially, timed tests. I started giving him quizzes in ALEKS (which are timed; but I set the time really long). He is doing better on these; and more importantly, seems less intimidated by the quiz function. I know many kids are test-phobic; this just seems a good way to get him used to the idea.

SOCIALIZATION
A really fabulous thing happened: someone from the home school group invited David and a couple of other kids over to play a role-playing game. David actually asked his mom not to stay, and he did OK. He's been invited back!

No comments: