Monday, June 23, 2008

Forehead?

Small muscle development is delayed with autism. Lifeskills are too. We still help the boys with baths. David is pretty much ok except we help him with his hair. Mikey gets more help than that.

So, last Saturday, in the shower, Mikey started talking about his head and hurting. I probed, "Mikey, does your head hurt?" (no response) "Mikey, where does your head hurt?" No response.

I tried a couple of variations. No response.

Finally, Mikey:

  • looked me in the eyes
  • put his soapy arm around my neck
  • touched his forehead to my forehead
  • pulled back
  • with his index finger, touched my right temple and said, "One."
  • He then proceeded, dividing into roughly four pieces, touch spots on my head. (Jab) "Two." (jab) "Three" (jab) "FOUR-head!" said he. :-) One never knows with Mikey. Well, sometimes one figures it out after the fact.

    No comments: